Blogger Unofficial FAQ blog
The blog formerly known as Blogger archive/template troubles, featuring
fixes for problems with Blogger's archives, templates, and more
Special bonus: it's less complicated to use than it is to explain: click a few radio buttons, pick a format from a select list, and then copy and paste, and you've got custom archive links.
Templates - Adding your blog to an existing page
Kate's How to Add Your Blog to an Existing Page, in Eight Easy Steps:
- Click on "Template" (across the top of the screen when you're editing your blog).
- Copy the code in your current template (and your archive template, under "Archive") and paste it into a text file. Save it somewhere safe in case you run into problems.
- Copy the code for your current page. Paste it into Blogger. (Don't forget to update your archive template, if necessary.)
- Add the Blogger tags where you want to posts to appear (use your old template as a model).
- Save your template by clicking on the button at the bottom of the text area.
- Look at the updated blog. Do you like it? If so, republish your archives, too. If not, replace the new code with your backed-up old template.
- Let us know if you run into problems along the way--error messages, template comes out wrong (give URL and the template code), etc.